Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fall color - the season's star trees and shrubs

It's been a fantastic autumn for great foliage color. Here are some favorites from my garden this season. They all happen to be North American natives.

Pagoda dogwood (Cornus alternifolia)

Serviceberry (Amlanchier canadensis)

The serviceberry leaves were more intensely colored this fall than I've ever seen them before.

Dwarf fothergilla (Fothergilla gardenii)

Spicebush (Lindera benzoin)

© Yvonne Cunnington, Country Gardener

3 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful Yvonne. Having such a variety is just the right thing!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. .........What a palette of colour.
    How re your sugar maples looking,Yvonne?
    Best
    Salix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eve and Salix: Yes, indeed, it's great to have variety. See my next post which shows how terrific the sugar maples are looking. Cheers/Y

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I have a new country garden blog and I will no longer be publishing comments at this blog. If you have a question or comment about the topic here, please use the contact form at my new blog to get in touch with me.

-Yvonne, aka Country Gardener