Thursday, May 15, 2008

In bloom today: from the rock garden


There is so much in bloom here right now that I thought I would concentrate on my husband John's rock garden, which is looking very pretty indeed.


These tulips, which I believe are Tulipa batalinii 'Bronze Charm' are just stunning.


This most stunning, unearthly blue is Gentiana acaulis; behind it, Erigeron compositus. I swear I did nothing to the saturation in Photoshop. These plants have the most amazing color.

© Yvonne Cunnington, Country Gardener

4 comments:

  1. i recently saw a gentian in bloom for the first time. the colour left me speechless. you are so lucky to be able to enjoy them right in your own garden.
    cheers
    irena

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful garden Yvonne! Your husband has done a wonderful job! It must be such a joy to go out and enjoy all that work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those Gentians are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bronze tulips are very pretty, I don't think I've seen that color before. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I have a new country garden blog and I will no longer be publishing comments at this blog. If you have a question or comment about the topic here, please use the contact form at my new blog to get in touch with me.

-Yvonne, aka Country Gardener