Thursday, December 27, 2007

My coolest gardening gift


My favorite Christmas present this year was a pair of Cray print secateurs given to me by my sister-in-law who was visiting from London, England. "Cray" is a famous chintz design by William Morris from 1884.

The pattern comes from a volume of wallpapers now housed in the Arts and Crafts Collection at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. If you want your own pair, here's a link to them.

I haven't blogged much since the upheaval of the fall when we embarked on a renovation of half the house, which included a new kitchen and took two months, plus a month of move-in and recovery.

The picture here taken in the new kitchen shows the triumphant cook, whose locally raised free-range turkey roasted in the new convection oven was the best Christmas turkey ever.

In any case as the new year is almost upon us, I'm now ready to start thinking and writing about gardening again.

4 comments:

  1. that is a cool gift. congrats on the kitchen. happy gardening and blogging in the new year.
    Cheers
    irena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Irena: Wishing you Happy New Year and a drought-free gardening season in 2008.

    Cheers, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gardening gift to receive ... bet you can't wait to try them out. The new kitchen looks wonderful. We are all beginning to dream of gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost three years later, I agree: that is a cool gift! Got here from your roasted cherry tomato recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I have a new country garden blog and I will no longer be publishing comments at this blog. If you have a question or comment about the topic here, please use the contact form at my new blog to get in touch with me.

-Yvonne, aka Country Gardener