Thursday, August 09, 2007

Cool, drizzly, cloudy day - but still no real rain

Today was another showery day, kind of an unexpected bonus, but we only got 1/10th of an inch. Late last night, the Weather Network forecast suggested that we could get as much as an inch, but I didn't get too excited. By morning that forecast was downgraded. No surprise to me: this has been the dominant weather pattern since mid-May.

Note the drought-stricken lawn in the background

At least we had a cool, drizzly, cloudy day instead of a sizzling hot one. At this point, I'm grateful for small blessings!

I'm actually ok, and not too downhearted. I have a lot of projects on the go, and helpers in the garden, so I don't really have too much to complain about.

But if you love plants, you feel for them when they have to suffer without rain. They look so sad. I do what I can to help them with my watering, but I wish could help them all, including the poor old lawn. Alas, my water supply is limited.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like the weather is slowly working itself up to be rainy. Might be good - a slow soak after a long period of drought is better than a sudden heavy downpoor, after all.

    I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't ever remember hoping for rain so much. my lawn is a disaster. maybe beyond the point of recovery in some areas. I'm with you....bring on the fall.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I have a new country garden blog and I will no longer be publishing comments at this blog. If you have a question or comment about the topic here, please use the contact form at my new blog to get in touch with me.

-Yvonne, aka Country Gardener